Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sneaking into a b-school (Part-4)

“Want to join in for Golkunda this evening?” I asked Tuple (or Toopl or Toopli or Tapli or God knows what) outside cafeteria as soon as we met after the final exams ended. Even today I don’t know how to pronounce her name!

“Would it be a buffet or A la carte?” goddess of general knowledge asked combing her silky hair with her hands. If Tuple were not in this school, she would be playing daughter role in Clinic Plus shampoo ad! Her butterfly clip was keeping her hair tight in otherwise windy weather.

“A whaat?” if I were a heart patient, surprise (or shock, I should say) of this reply would have finished my inventory on earth and sent me to finished goods (funeral to say!)

“And would I find vegetarian food there?” Tuple was at the best of her forms.
I think there’s some connection between her butterfly clip and her IQ levels.

“Tuple, Golkunda is not a restaurant, it’s a fort, a historical fort,” I furiously replied.

Tuple gave me an angry-look as if I had asked her real age, said No to Golkunda offer brutally, and went off the scene…


********************************************************
“you shout a word here and person standing even 360 stairs up at height of 450 feet can hear your word,” guide enthusiastically narrated as if he himself was the architect of this Golkunda that he is so proud of!

“Sir, you stand here, one of my persons at 450 feet high would hear you and tell me on mobile what you said,” guide was high after two quarters.

“Toopli,” I said the first word

“Tapli,” second

“Tapoli,” third

“Tapeli,” fourth

“Toople,” fifth

I was kind of taking revenge from Tuple for not accompanying me for Golkunda by shrieking every single permutation of her name.

“Teepli,” sixth…I was feeling so happy!

Guide gave me a strange look seeing me screaming these strange names, like wondering whether I am a real tourist or an evader from some special kind of hospital where everyone thinks he is either Akbar or Tansen or Tuglak or Obama!!!

“Tell me what sir is saying,” confused guide called his person standing 450 feet high. Guide was sweating and kick of his two quarters had eloped!

“Abey, kahaan se pakad ke layaa hai iss pagal ko,” person standing on some isolated hill at 450 feet height screamed at my guide. I could listen to it through speaker of my guide’s mobile.

“Go to hell,” person shouted at my guide and disconnected the phone.

Guide gave me the same strange look again and ran away from me at fastest speed he could.

I shouted Toopli Toopli Toopli three more times and came back from Golkunda Fort!



***********************************************************************
“Hey, how was your Golkunda Fort,” Tuple asked emphasizing on “Fort” when met me at late-night beer party.

“It was good…. Yes, it was good…very good,” I said remembering the guide who ran away scared of me!!!

“Hey, my roommate told me you say something there at ground and people can listen to it even far away at huge height. Did you try that??” Tuple asked me.

“I….try…Did I try….no…I mean yes…” was my response. I was sweating on this windy chilled weather.

“What did you say?” Tuple asked me. Same mode-her hand on my arm and she jumping while asking the question!

“I…I…I said…..I said...I said-Andaman…Andaman…I said Andaman,” I was huffing and puffing. Why the hell is this question so important that what I screamed there!!!

Tuple gave a weird look, hand off my arm and she went off the scene…

Before she left, I wish I could free her hair off her butterfly clip to let them fly around like ocean waves in all directions possible in this very romantic late evening. Evenings are anyways romantic when Tuple’s around!!!

1 comment:

Nishchita said...

You should continue your stories! And blog a little more often! :) Hope you're doing good.